Ultimate Marvel versus Capcom III Roster

Monday, August 24, 2009

Welcome to The Pit...

Hello there!

I just started blogging here in blogger.com to at least have an outlet for anything I have in mind and to also serve as my portal to my writing.

By the way, I am Calix Gualdrapa. I took up a Bachelor's degree in Advertising and Public Relations at Polytechnic University of the Philippines. I had a number of exposure on the field being able to adapt and learn pre-production, production and post production approach and technique while I was still taking up my studies with small projects and some case studies that we had. I can say that my forte falls in copy writing. Ever since I was in college, apart from graphic designing, production based works etc., I made it a point to focus on what I love which is writing. Not that I have a very in-depth knowledge in writing but I can confidently say that I trust my writing skills.

After graduation (2007), although I tried applying on some production houses and advertising agencies, Lady Luck never really blew her wishes down my way and so I have not received any phone call for possible job openings( also considering the tight competition in the field) so I ventured in the call center industry. My very first (actual) job experience is working for a call center as a Customer Service and Technical Support Representative in a large gaming console support team here in Manila. Less than a year I got promoted as Level 2, On-phone Supervisor in the position and I handled both Technical and Customer Support side. I decided to file a formal resignation on July 2, 2009. I decided to open another chapter of my life and sort out for bigger opportunities. I left the company in good terms and I took it as a great opportunity to boost up my confidence and my communication skills.

For my spare time, I enjoy writing, doodling in for some simple sketches and I also play bass guitar for a Metal band named Traces of War. I've been playing bass guitar for the band for almost 5 years now but I started to pick up the axe during the later years of my High School days. I think that playing is also a great way to extend out some feelings that I cannot imbue in writing or drawing. Gives me another road to express my inner thoughts.

Well enough for the formality. Ü I want you guys to at least enjoy reading on some of my thoughts and make this a very potent outlet to let you see what is inside The Pit....





No comments:

Post a Comment