Ultimate Marvel versus Capcom III Roster

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

8:06am

Now Playing: Inferno by Symphony X

It's 8:06 am. Yep... you got it right. 8:06 in the morning of a bright sunny Wednesday. It is delighting to see the sun shine again after experiencing almost a week of non-stop storm here in the Philippines. I've been trying to minimize my daily in take of caffeine but since I haven't woke up this early for ages, I just got to meet and sip an old friend of mine. I'm out to get my last paycheck from my previous company (hurrah!) that's why I sacrificed my daily lucid dreams just to take a 1 and a half hour ride down to ABS-CBN's ELJ Building.

Want to give you a quick recap of my very wonderful weekend.

To begin with, I was given the chance to see on HBO two wonderful movies. Primal Fear and Kite Runner. You know, nowadays it is really hard to catch that goood, non-mediocre films even on a movie channel such as HBO. Well, I don't want to take anything away from this 2 lovely work of art. I won't spill the beans for you. Primal Fear stars Richard Gere and Edward Norton. It was introduced to me a long time ago by a good friend of mine. Kite Runner though was a surprise. I don't know... but by the time I got to see the first few scenes of the movie, it gave me the intuition that I'll enjoy watching this movie. It actually moved me! hahaha. Now that's a rare one. Nice story. So if you have nothing to do, how about you try these two good movies instead of busting your eyes to your daily soap operas.

Second, I also want to share to you what a night we had last Saturday as Traces of War played in a gig named Kamatayan sa Huwad na Metal, A joint production of Apoy ng Kamunduhan Production, Lifespan Records and Anura Records. It was a blast. At first I was anxious because we have not played with most of the bands that night and considering that there will be those that writes on Metal Fanzines that would not give a thing if you don't pass their standards, from a musical standpoint. I mean we are youngblood. Usually, it is hard to make a good, lasting impression in the scene if you are new and if you play pretty much new school music.

We were supposed to start the event but we were moved to the third slot. Much respect to Paganfire, Ancient Warlord, Tenebrion, Corrupt Insanity for playing their music passionately. But the band that caught my attention is Mass Hypnosia. Loved their riffs. Sick! hehehe. It is nice to venture this wing of the Underground scene here in the Philippines. And based on what we received from the crowd, it seems they enjoyed our music. It was satisfying. Just visit this link for the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9IqhCRSoq8


To start the week though, I'm sure everyone saw what Kanye West did to Taylor Swift at the most recent MTV Video Music Awards. Man, to whatever view I try to look into it... It's not a great thing to do. Respect man. That's the keyword. And what an honorable thing that Beyonce did when she got the chance to take an award. If you do not know what I am talking about, open up a browser and go to Youtube for more details. Ü

Well time for me to take a bath! Please catch us next on Metal War 3 this coming Saturday, September 19, 2009 at Checkpoint Bar, Dona Soledad, Bicutan. For more details, just visit us at www.myspace.com/tracesofwarmusic.

No comments:

Post a Comment