Ultimate Marvel versus Capcom III Roster

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Stoichiometry

Now Playing: Beer Pressure by Municipal Waste

I just finished watching The Big Bang Theory's season 4 and although I may still personally consider season 3 being the best of all (so far), this season simply has a different element to it.


The first time I saw this sitcom on Jack TV, I instantly got hooked to it. Okay, I admit that I primarilly watched it because of Kaley Cuoco. I first saw her on a B-Film (by the way, she's also from the Nickelodeon bunch) and when I saw this sitcom with her as a lead, I literally watched it because of her. As it seemed, there was really more to it than a gorgeous blonde chick. No rocket science really. You get 3 geeks plus 1 hot chick multiplied by clever skits and script and... Voila! You got one hell of a series (all hail Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady!). Also, this series can give you serious gas laughing out, and is really... really a great way of picking up a few brain cereals.

For the past 3 seasons, Leonard Hofstadter (Johnny Galecki), Sheldon Cooper (Jim Parsons), Raj Koothrappali (Kunal Nayyar), Howard Wolowitz (Simon Helberg) and Penny (Kaley Cuoco) have been providing viewers with a few good laughs but I must say that what made this season great are key additions in the form of Amy Farrah Fowler (Mayim Bialik) and Bernadette Rostenkowski (Melissa Rauch). These 2 gals pretty much made the formula complete and equal. In the past seasons, they tried mixing it up by placing a few characters every once in a while (such as Leslie Winkle, the guy with the comic shop, Will Weaton etc.) but this 2 gals are a perfect fit.

Amy Farrah Fowler's character is the perfect fit for Sheldon... a female Sheldon, if I may. This sexually oppressed Neurobiologist has stirred it up and at times, superseded his male counterparts. The past few seasons, Sheldon Cooper have been carrying the heavy payload of punchlines and the other three guys just simply fed off it. But now, you can see the writers actually isolating a few skits for Amy and Sheldon only.

Now, Bernadette's character may have been placed to give an emphasis on Howard's character, which may probably have been an intentional approach from the writer's perspective. Howard's perverted and childish mindset is one of the show's effective characters (my favorite character, by the way) and Bernie's timid and demure attitude is a great match. Also, I can't help but find her character... or at least Melissa Rauch's portrayal a bit sexy; in a geeky kind of way I guess.

I must say, I really didn't like the idea of adding the "Priya-Leonard-Penny" triad as far as the season is concerned, but I guess that's up for season 5 to salvage and for those that follows the geek-meets-hot-chick situation.

It's great to see sitcoms like this still standing out in the middle of the number of drama series America's been airing with the likes of Dexter, CSI, NCIS, Law and Order, and those vampire b*^&#|# series.


No comments:

Post a Comment